Big Breasts Need Pretty Bras Too
As a woman who wears a DD bra, finding bras that give me the support I need and are pleasing to the eye can be difficult. I shouldn’t have to sacrifice one to have the other, and when your breasts are a DD or better, support is going to win out over looks every time. As big breasted women, I think there are five things we all look for in a bra:
1. Support – let’s face it DDs or larger rarely come ‘perky’ and if you had children and/or nursed that child, you may need some help keeping them where you would like them to be.
2. Comfort – Just like your undies, you need your bras to be comfortable all day, not just part of the day. Nothing is worse than that bra that stopped working six hours after putting it on and you easily have another 12 to go before it can come off.
3. Durable – Big boobs aren’t exactly cheap to cover, so what ever bra you purchase you need it to last. Losing its shape and it’s ability to support after just a few washes does you no good.
4. Affordable – The bigger the boobs the more expensive the bra. Ultimately you don’t want to have to break the bank on a piece of clothing very few will see.
5. Pretty – Just ’cause our breasts are big does not mean we don’t want and expect pretty bras. Our boobs go on dates too and we need date night undergarments just like everyone else.
With that list in mind I compiled a list of the best bras for large breasts. The following bras meet at minimum 3 of the 5 categories above, with many meeting all five. They are a perfect addition to your bra collection and will last you a good long time, giving you the lift and look you desire.
1. Awareness Full Figure Underwire Bra by Wacoal – This Wacoal bra supports, flatters and manages to be sexy all at the same time. Buying this bra also supports all women with its breast cancer awareness ribbon tag on the back. Cost: $64
2. La Femme Underwire Bra by Wacoal – This bra by Wacoal shows just because it’s for big breasts doesn’t mean it cant’ be sexy. The bra offers full coverage with a little sheer, peekaboo action at top, fully stretch, back adjustable straps and 3 column, 2 row hook and eye back closure. Cost: $28.99
3. Non Padded Doreen Cotton Bra by Triumph – What this Triumph cotton bra lacks in style it makes up for it in comfort. It is made from soft, cotton rich fabric that feels cool next to the skin. Available up to a G cup. Cost: $52
4. Le Mystère Minimizer Underwire Bra – If your boobs are preventing you from wearing any of your favorite clothes than this minimizer by Le Mystere is just what you need. This minimizer will reduce you by one full cup size, while not sacrificing comfort. Cost: $62
5. Le Mystère Dream Tisha Full Figure T-Shirt Bra – Oprah approved and Winner of a CILA (Contours International Lingerie Award) this t-shit bra by Le Mystère may be not be a looker, but it is high on comfort. Cost: $35
6. Freya Lyla Underwired Plunge Bra – A beautiful lingerie must-have. Based on bestselling Arabella, the Lyla Underwired Plunge Bra from Freya is detailed with delicate, floral embroidery and has “date night” written all over it. Cost: $34.80 (on sale)
7. Faye Plunge Underwire Bra by Freya – This beautiful full coverage bra by Freya let’s the world know big breasts deserve sexy and delicate too. It has ultra sheer lace, a plunging neckline, with ribbon bow accents. Cost: $60
8. Rio Balcony Bra by Freya – The scalloped trim and lace texture spice up this bra by Freya that comes in nude, black and white. It has a 3-part cup underwire balcony bra, mesh-lined cups provide subtle concealment and soft microfiber wings.
9. Freya Active Underwire Sports Bra by Freya – The only sports bra on the list, Freya’s Active Underwire Sports Bra gives you all the support you need during your workouts. No more need to wear two and three sports bras in effort to hold the girls down.