Who’s Up For Some Shrimp Cheesecake?
Shrimp cheesecake? Yeah, doesn’t sound appetizing, but you’d be amazed at how cream cheese really does make everything better. Use this recipe as an appetizer or as the main dish if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
[recipe title=”Shrimp Cheesecake” time=”90 min” difficulty=”Hard” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/03/shrimp-cheesecake.jpeg” description=”Try this new take on cheesecake that makes a nice appetizer or main dish.”]
For The Shrimp:
– 1 pounds cream cheese (get a good solid cream cheese not one of those presoftened ones)
– 1/2 pound sour cream
– 1 1/2 pounds fresh medium shrimp
– 1/3 cup green bell peppers chopped fine
– 1/3 cup red bell peppers chopped fine
– 1 large clove garlic minced
– 2 ounces butter
– 3 medium eggs
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 6 ounces shredded New York sState sharp Cheese
– pepper to taste.
Lining For Pan:
– 10 ounces dried unflavored bread crumbs
– 6 ounces melted butter
– 1/4 cup chopped onions
– 1 medium bay leaf
– 1 1/2 teaspoons dried italian seasoning
– 1 clove minced garlic
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (canned)
Prepare Your Shrimp
1. Cook, clean, and chop your shrimp.
2. In two ounces of melted butter, saute your peppers, garlic and onions for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat.
3. Add your shrimp and cook for 2 more minutes, drain well and put aside.
4. Beat your cream cheese so it is smooth.
5. Next, add your sour cream and mix until fairly fluffy.
6. Then add your eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.
7. On low speed gradually add the heavy cream until blended.
8. Stir in the shrimp and vegetable mixture and sharp cheese.
9. Finally, add the pepper.
Get Your Cheesecake Together
1. Preheat over to 300 degrees
2. Use a 10-inch x 2-inch springform pan.
3. In a medium mixing bowl place your breadcrumbs and your melted butter, blend them together well.
4. Using melted butter and a pastry brush, butter the sides of your springform pan.
5. Press the buttered bread crumbs to the sides and bottom of the pan.
6. Pour the cheesecake into the pan and place in the oven for 55 minutes or until jelled. If it is a little jiggly in the middle that’s fine. But you don’t want too much jiggle.
7. After 55 minutes shut the oven off and let it remain in there for 3 hours.
8. Remove it and let it cool,
9. Once cool, remove it from the pan.
Prepare Tomato Sauce WHile Cheese Cake Cools
1. Saute your onions, garlic,and italian seasoning,and bay leaf in hot oil until vegitables are tender,
2. Add your tomatoes, simmer about 30 minutes uncovered on low heat or until you reach your desired consistency,
3. Remove the bay leaf from your sauce.
4. Serve hot over room temperature cheesecake.