A Delicious Salmon A La Genovese Recipe
Genovese sauce is a rich, onion-based sauce that turns your salmon into an absolute delight. Be prepared to be amazed. Check out our other salmon dishes so you will have even more ways to enjoy this healthy fish.
[recipe title=”Salmon A La Genovese” servings=”2″ time=”1 hour 15 min” difficulty=”Hard” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/03/salmon-image-05-header.jpg” description=”Dress up your salmon with a delicious Genovese sauce.”]
– 2 slices of salmon
– 2 chopped shalots
– a little parsley
– A small bunch of herbs
– 2 bay-leaves
– 2 carrots
– Pounded mace
– Pepper and
– Salt to taste
– 4 tablespoonfuls of Madeira
– 1/2 pint of white stock
– 1 teaspoonful of essence of anchovies
– The juice of 1 lemon
– Cayenne pepper
1. Rub the bottom of a stewpan over with butter, and put in the shalots, herbs, bay-leaves, carrots, mace, and seasoning.
2. Stir veggies and herbs for 10 minutes over a clear fire, and add the Madeira or sherry.
3. Simmer gently for 30 minutes and strain through a sieve over the fish, and let it stew in the gravy.
4. As soon as the fish is sufficiently cooked, take away all the liquor, except a little to keep the salmon moist, and put it into another stewpan.
5. Add the stock, thicken with butter and flour, and put in the anchovies, lemon-juice, cayenne, and salt.
6. Place the salmon on a hot dish, pour part of the sauce over the fish, and serve the remainder in a tureen.