Quick Salmon & Caper Sauce Recipe
We love salmon around these parts and this Salmon & Caper Recipe is a great way to dress up salmon and have an easy meal ready to go in less than an hour.
[recipe title=”Easy Salmon & Caper Sauce” servings=”2″ time=”45 min” difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/03/salmon-image-07.jpeg” description=”Dress up your salmon for a quick and easy dish that can be paired with most sides.”]
– 2 slices of salmon
– 1/4 lb. batter
– 1/2 teaspoonful of chopped parsley
– 1 shalot
– grated nutmeg to taste
For Caper Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup fish stock
1 tablespoon capers (drained)
2 teaspoons malt vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt
For Caper Sauce
1. In a heavy skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat.
2. When the foam begins to subside, stir in the flour and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour in the stock and, while stirring constantly with a whisk, cook over high heat until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 minutes to remove any taste of raw flour. 5. Finally stir in the capers, vinegar, salt and a few grindings of pepper.
6. Taste for seasoning adding more seasoning as needed.
1. Lay the salmon in a baking-dish
2. Place pieces of butter over it, and add the other ingredients.
3. Rubbing a little of the seasoning into the fish, baste it frequently.
4. When done, take it out and drain for a minute or two.
5. Place in a dish, pour caper sauce over it and serve.
– Cut capers into halves if they are large
– Salmon dressed in this way, with tomato sauce, is very delicious.