Try Our Three-Layer Raspberry Chocolate Cake
A three-layer chocolate cake with two layers of raspberry cream filling and topped with a chocolate raspberry buttercream icing. Are you salivating yet? If you not, you will be. Happy baking!
[recipe title=”Chocolate Cheesecake” servings=”8″ time=”6 hours” difficulty=”Medium” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/04/Raspberry-Chocolate-Cake.jpg” description=”This is a moist chocolate cake recipe that will leave you salivating wanting more.”]
– Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe
– For the inexperienced baker just use 2 dark chocolate cake mixes.
– 8 medium eggs
– 2 cups cold water
– 2/3 cup oil
– Raspberry extract
– Your favorite chocolate buttercream icing
– Whip cream
– Raspberry pastry filling
Cooking The Cake:
1. Make your cake recipe per instructions and mix with the eggs, water, and oil
2. Mix on medium speed until well blended, scrape bowl, mix for 1 more minute.
2. Pour in equal portions into 3 (10×2 inch baking pans).
3. Bake at 350F preheated oven for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
4. Cool on rack, remove from pans, level cakes by cutting off rounded tops.
1. Place about 1 pound of filling in a bowl and add whip cream to it (whip the cream first)
2. Now fold them together until you reach the desired flavor and thickness. Don’t make it too thin.
3. Use your chocolate buttercream recipe and add the black raspberry extract to the icing until you reach the desired flavor
Assemble The Cake:
1. On the bottom layer put a dam of icing around the edge and your filling in the center and smooth to level,
2. Repeat for 2nd and 3rd layer,
3. Decorate with use shaved chocolate or chocolate jimmies in the center of the top of the cake.