Try Melkkos An Afrikaans Recipe
“Melkkos” is an amazing dish. I do not know what it is called in English, but if I had to translate it, it would be something like milk food. It is a dish with its main ingredient being milk, to which you add some flour and butter.
It is a great traditional Afrikaans dish that can be enjoyed all year round. Try it in the winter, it warms you up from the inside! Nothing tastes nicer than a bowl of Melkkos, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on the top.
You will not be disappointed with this recipe. Try and enjoy. Believe me, you will.
[recipe title=”Melkkos” servings=”4″ time=”Less than 10 min.” difficulty=”2 out of 5″ image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/04/melkkos-02.png” description=”A delicious traditional South African dish”]
– 1 cup of flour
– 1 1/2 tablespoons of hard butter
– A pinch of salt
– 2 1/2 cups of milk
1. Rub the butter in with the flour, using your fingers. Add the salt and mix some more.
2. Bring the milk to the boil on the stove and add the butter and flour mixture a little bit at a time.
3. Turn the heat right down and let it boil for about 5 minutes. Make sure you stir the mixture often.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the top and enjoy it warm.