Grilled Mushrooms And Shrimp A La Grecque
Try something new on your grill with this Grilled Mushrooms and Shrimp a la Grecque Recipe. Grilling is always fun but can be a bit boring with the same old meats and vegetables.
Even better? You can pretend you’re vacationing in Greece with this grilled lemon-and-garlic-flavored shrimp and mushroom dish served on warm pita bread.
Anytime you’re grilling, remember that fresh mushrooms are perfect partners for all sorts of grilling favorites, including beef, seafood and vegetables. In addition to flavor, mushrooms pack a surprising amount of nutrition, contributing to our daily intake of riboflavin, niacin and selenium, with only 20 calories per serving and almost no fat.
[recipe title=”Grilled Mushrooms And Shrimp A La Grecque” servings=”4″ time=”18 min” difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/03/grilled_shrimp_mushrooms.jpeg” description=”Add this Greek inspired dish to your grilling repetoire”]
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
– 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms
– 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick (about 21/2 cups)
– 1 medium-sized red onion cut in 8 wedges
– 4 pitas, warmed
1. Preheat outdoor grill or broiler.
2. In a large bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper.
3. Add shrimp, mushrooms, zucchini and red onion; gently toss until coated.
4. Marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Place vegetables and shrimp on a vegetable grilling rack or a rack in a broiler pan.
6. Grill or broil no more than 6 inches from heat source until vegetables and shrimp are just cooked, about 8 minutes, stirring and brushing occasionally with remaining marinade.
7. Serve on pita bread with plain yogurt and chopped cucumber, if desired.
– 430 calories
– 28 grams protein
– 16 grams fat
– 45 grams carbohydrates