The Best Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Homemade ice cream is the best. We used to make it around the holidays as a kid. Add a homemade pound cake and it was heaven on earth. This recipe will whip you up some amazing chocolate ice cream that’s great for birthday parties, bridal showers or just indulging your sweet tooth on a warm, sunny day.
[recipe title=”Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream” servings=”4″ time=”30 min” difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/03/chocolate-ice-cream.jpg” description=”Make this sweet creamy treat for a party or on a hot summer day.”]
– 200 ml of milk
– 1 egg
– 40 grams of fine sugar
– 120 grams Lindt chocolate
– 70 ml of water
– 140 ml of cream
– 7 ml of vanilla essence
1. Whisk the egg and sugar and add the warm milk whilst whisking.
2. Add the mix to a bowl and heat without boiling for about five minutes.
3. Strain this mix then leave to cool.
4. Break the chocolate into pieces and place into another bowl add the water, dissolve this slowly over a low heat.
5. Add the melted chocolate to the previous mix and stir.
6. Important you now need to cool this mix.
7. Once cooled add the half whipped cream and vanilla and gently whisk for 1 minute.
8. Place this in your freezer remove after 20 minutes and whisk (churn) for a couple of minutes then return to freezer.
– Remember, the best way to obtain a smooth, evenly textured ice cream is to whisk the mixture carefully and freeze quickly.
– The main thing you want to avoid is ice crystals forming in the mixture. You avoid ice crystals air into the mix by taking the mixture out of the freezer after 20 minutes and giving it a further whisk.