Make Your Own Chinese Lemon Chicken
No need to order out for your favorite Chinese food when you can make it at home. This Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe is a classic Chinese dish that you might order from your favorite Chinese restaurant. It’s also a recipe that is easy to make, works with (almost) any diet, and one that makes a great dinner or a really fancy lunch.
[recipe title=”Chinese Lemon Chicken” servings=”4 to 6″ time=”45 min” difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/04/Lemon_chicken_dinner.jpeg” description=”A classic Chinese dish that you can make at home”]
– 2 tablespoons Dry sherry
– 4 green (Spring) onions, chopped
– 1 Piece of root ginger, shredded
– 1 pound boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
– 2 Celery sticks, sliced
– 4oz button mushrooms, quartered
– 1 Green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
– 2 tablespoons Light soy sauce
– Shredded rind of 2 lemons
– A few lemon slices to garnish
– 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
1. Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper and stir-fry for one minute.
4. Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the soy sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
6. To serve, pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.
– 294 Calories
– 6g Fat (20.0% calories from fat)
– 53g Protein
– 3g Carbohydrate
– Trace Dietary Fiber
– 144mg Cholesterol
– 346mg Sodium