Try These Tasty, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is an amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe, that has a surprise ingredient that makes it so good. This particular recipe makes 4 dozen cookies, so adjust ingredient amounts according to your needs.
Enjoy these wonderful chocolate chip cookies at any occasion. They disappear very quickly at events and family gatherings. You might notice the secret ingredient. It is the boxed yellow cake mix. Cake flour gives the cookie a little more body than the regular unbleached flour. Any of your favorite cake brands will work just fine.
[recipe title=”Amazing Chocolate Chip” servings=”4 dozen” time=”Till dark brown around the edges.” difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://tsjohnsononline.com/food/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2017/04/chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg” description=”A nice twist on a favorite cookie recipe”]
– 4 cups (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
– 1cup butter
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups yellow cake mix
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups white sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 4 eggs
– 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 1/4cup sour cream
– 3 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together.
3. Sift cake mix, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
4. In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
5. Stir the chocolate mixture into the eggs.
6. Stir in the sifted ingredients with sour cream.
7. Mix in chocolate chips.
8. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls cookie sheets.
9. Bake until edges are starting to turn dark brown.
– If you are making smaller cookies don’t forget that the baking time goes down.
– Remember the more brown sugar you use the more chewy type cookie you create.
– Many ovens produce heat from the bottom of the oven, so as not burn the bottom of the cookies double pan the cookies before you bake them.